- Fish - 250g
- Onion(big) - 1 no(chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece(chopped)
- Garlic(finely chopped) - 5 -6 cloves
- Coriander Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Green Chilly - 1 no(slit)
- Kukum Star(Kudampuli) - A few pieces(soaked in salt water)
- Coconut Oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard Seed - 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves - a few strands
- Salt - As required
Take a pot and pour oil.
Once the oil is hot enough, add the mustard seeds and leave it to crackle.
Add green chilly, garlic, ginger and chopped onion to the oil.
Saute till golden in color.
Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilly powder to it and saute well.
Add water along with kudam puli to the mixture and boil.
When boiling starts, add the fish pieces to it.
Add a few curry leaves and leave it to cook with the vessel closed.
Remove the top and check whether the fish is cooked after 15 minutes.
Make sure that salt is perfect in the dish. Cook till done and remove from fire.
Add a few more curry leaves along with 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
It can Serve With Kappa, Rice etc ...